So you’re looking for a third party logistics company to take care of your company’s various warehousing, shipping and distribution needs. When it comes to selecting a national 3PL company that fits your unique business patterns, there are many different elements to keep in mind. While we here at Rover 3PL are fully capable of providing you with very reliable and secure services nationwide, we understand that your search for a 3PL company that fits your needs might not stop with us. With this being said, we would like to answer this common question: “Who would you at Rover recommend if we decide to do business elsewhere?”
As we encompass an honest and transparent business model for our highly valued clients at Rover 3PL, this question is easy to answer. In this article, we will provide you with a few details on the best third party logistics companies serving the United States.
Reviewing Some of the Best 3PL Companies in the DC/Maryland/Virginia Area
- BeaVex: With its inception in 1990, BeaVex is now one of the largest delivery and logistics companies in the world. In fact, BeaVex successfully delivers 40% of the nation’s checks every night and 12 million pharmaceuticals each year. BeaVex’s next-day services even reach more than 97% of the U.S. population. Incorporating 6,000 delivery drivers and serving the nation’s top ten metropolitan areas with more than 100 company operated facilities, BeaVex offers its clients many different types of delivery services. These include scheduled deliveries, on-demand deliveries, eCommerce deliveries and expedited services. The expedited services that BeaVex offers include expedited air and ground services, international shipping via air and ocean, LTL freight shipping and white glove services such as residential delivery, equipment setup, packing and unpacking, debris removal and more.
- Dynamex: Another big player in the industry is Dynamex, which offers many different kinds of services and is accredited with a worldwide presence. Services that Dynamex offers include outsourced services with same-day courier, transportation and logistics services, dedicated fleet services, distribution services and expedited services. Dynamex’s expedited services are certified in multiple areas including: FAST/CSA (Fast and Secure Trade/Customs Self Assessment), C-TPAT (Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) and PIP (Partners in Protection). What all this means is that your international shipments will be secure under Dynamex control. Dynamex also offers its clients multiple technologies that provide peace of mind. These technologies include the Dynamex Enterprise Computer System, dxNow Online Ordering and Order Tracking and eRouteLogstics by WM Logistics—creating efficient delivery route scenarios to ensure your shipment makes it to where it needs to be.
- Big Dog Transportation: Started in 2006, Big Dog Transportation now accommodates all different types of services throughout many industries. Big Dog Transportation services include long haul trucking, heavy haul trucking, retail distribution, expedited and specialty moves, truckload and LTL and EDI dispatch. Big Dog also includes intermodal transportation—often using rail service to save on fuel costs—and cross-border services to Mexico and Canada. As a bonded carrier, Big Dog can also handle any shipment moving in bond across these borders. Big Dog also recently added international shipping services by way of rail, air and ocean cargo. Its drivers are also all HAZMAT certified. Big Dog is even able to provide extra insurance for high value shipments.
- 1-800 Courier: Operating for nearly 20 years, 1-800 Courier offers a wide range of services with a national headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia and accompanying headquarters in California, DC and New York. 1-800 Courier offers local and nationwide courier services with different types of options. Its local courier services feature 2-hour, 4-hour, express bike courier direct, 3-hour express bike courier and express dock high straight truck delivery services. Its nationwide services are available within 48 states and more than 200 cities. 1-800 Courier national services include next flight out (NFO), city-to-city same-day bus shipping and direct drive to city shipping.
- A1 Express: One of the largest of these companies is A1 Express. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, A1 manages transportation, distribution and logistics for more than 1,500 clients nationwide, many of which are Fortune 500 companies. A1 Express features all types of services, including local and nationwide courier service—including inter-city and city-to-city service. A1 also provides its clients with scheduled deliveries, bike messenger services, emergency/expedited delivery by air, train and automobile, next flight out (NFO) services, less than truckload (LTL) shipping and freight shipping of pallets, skids, truckloads and more. A1 Express even features white glove delivery and live animal delivery services.
Things to Consider
Now that you know of some of the best national 3PL companies and which types of services they offer, it’s up to you to make a decision based on your company’s important and unique needs. While making this choice, keep these factors in mind:
- Reliability of the company
- Flexibility of the company
- Experience of the employees/drivers
- Use of modern technology
While choosing one of these aforementioned 3PL companies, or another, for your logistical needs is obviously a great decision to make, we here at Rover 3PL also offer premier third party logistics services throughout the nation. Our capabilities include, but are not limited to, warehousing, courier and pharmaceutical delivery services, expedited ground services and distribution services. All of these are also extremely flexible, as we are fully able to customize them to your individual needs. With a team of service professionals located around the nation, Rover 3PL is here to provide you with all of your logistical needs.